House Church Talk - I'm Disappointed

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:40:03 EDT 2004

Paul wrote:
> Correction:  Not only does the Gospel not need to have anything added to
> it, but it cannot have anything added to it.  Thank God for His Way, the
> firstborn Son of God, still the only one in whom He is well pleased.

I hear your point Paul, but I also see value in the action put forth
to state the blessings for which we are thankful, as Phillip is
attempting to spur us onto.  Don't you see value in enumerating these
to ourselves and others?   My hesitation is 30 days seems waaaaay
looooong knowing my attention span, but it sounds like a good stress
test.  There is much to be thankful for and I hate enumerating any and
then find I have not stated an important blessing for which I am
thankful.  Those are my weak excuses.

To enumerate a few of my blessings for which I am thankful:
- 7 hugely healthy children all but one still at home, all but 2 out
of high school
  (my request to the only One Who can satisfy is that these sons and
daughter would find something other than the drudge of life to find
satisfaction, and believe me, it is really hard.  Think outside the
box of your patterns which I stumble through each day and I find less
meaning in the place/kulture we are blessed to live amongst.  This is
a generation, and to a child, cannot find much to say is meanignful
anymore - more talk about end of life for 25/22/19 year old sons than
much else.  Not yet sucidal, but close)
- My wonderful wife who has homeschooled each one of these our
children and is also wonderfully healthy and respected and is giantly
attractive to me after all these years of being married - when I was a
child, I imagined the candle would die, but not for me with this
curious lady - she's nice in many, many ways.
- A job where being a wage slave is not completely objectionable.
- A boss who is a christian man
- A landlord who is very kind and allowing
- Health, even age is taking some things away gradually...
- Salvation which is not of my choosing or design, but a gift, not of
works lest I should boast, where He was made sin for me, that I might
be made the righteousness of God in Him - my Saviour and Lord, Jesus
Christ.

Okay, I've unloaded...
Anyone else?
DanG ChicagoArea