House Church Talk - City vs house

Tom Kline KLINE1 at webtv.net
Mon Oct 20 10:09:21 EDT 2003

Bruce,
   I thought you would never ask!  I assume you would like the shortened
sanitized version so here goes from this neck of the woods woody.
   This is just the last week so I shall commence with the tee pee
incident after the homecoming game.  For anyone unfamiliar with the
acronym tp it is what high school kids do in Iowa when they want to
raise a little hell.  They get toilet paper and throw it into any trees
of the victims house they may have.
   My wife and I were out in the yard after one such wanton display of
high school debauchery cleaning up the remnants on the sabaoth of all
days the ohio st., iowa game which I missed  because of the cleanup.
   Anyway we got to one beautiful streamer way up in our towering oak, I
wanted her to leave it alone but she is a neatness freak, (I promise to
shortly get to my point).  She couldn't get it down so me being the
expert fisherman in the family told her to get higher on the bank as she
pulled on the stream of toilet paper and walk around the branch holding
the culprit.  I noticed the branch was shaped like a hook and wasn't
going to let go regardless of our angle so I started to have fun with it
and yelled at the branch to release, nothing happened of course I am
yelling at a lifeless tree right?
   Just then it welled up inside me to take authority in the NAME OF
JESUS I shouted and that hooked branch immediately released our
streamer.  I could go into stories of encounters with higher life forms
such as dogs and cats or even insects but I want no glory for myself but
just to point out we are living in such a glorious display of a
schoolroom if we will just quit only relying on having our noses in
books.
   I thank-you all for your prayers on my behalf my wife and I have
reconciled ourselves with our home church and are plugged back in.
   At the meeting yesterday we talked about how with faith Jesus said we
can move mountains, I remarked it has already been done for us when He
created Adam out of that mountain of red clay by speaking by faith.  It
is not some empty metaphor but even the soil obeys sons and daughters of
faith when necessary.
   Forgive me Bruce if I don't reply with chapter and verse but I lost
that game of trying to figure God out, it's still in there but now line
is being added upon line and another level is being realized in my life.
Now I am into enjoying Him and His creation and He never ceases to amaze
me by His faithfulness.  Good luck on your tower maybe it will have
success where mine failed, in the meantime stay in touch, your brother,
tom.