House Church Talk - Whatcha singing lately?

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Mon Oct 20 10:54:07 EDT 2003

Hi,

We use Songs of Faith and Praise, available fro Howard Publishing
800-858-4109. It's hardcover with 1000+/- songs--a good blend of old
classics and contemporary. We were nurtured on shaped notes, which lend
well to vocal singing and guitar chords. Songs of Faith and Praise is
available in both shaped and round notes.

Another thing we do is take one song or scripture and expand it into a
personal song. International House of Prayer has some good teaching on
Harp and Bowl (spontaneous singing). There's a lot of good resources on
spontaneous singing. This tends to bring the group into worship a lot
quicker than traditional music.

BTW, we're doin' it all, sorta like Paul, who went both to the assembly
and from house to house. We attend an assembly church in a large
expensive building, and we have house meetings. Our family's worship
ministry also does both. This past weekend we were in Athens, Alabama. I
taught on Holy Spirit baptism at a house meeting and we worshiped in a
non-house meeting. People were blest and changed in both meetings.

Walking by faith,
Phillip & Mary Cohen
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Blessed be the LORD God, Who only does wondrous things! Let the whole
earth be filled with His glory. Psalm 72: 18,19