House Church Talk - election day

Elijahx elijahx at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 14:39:02 EDT 2004

 Text of Swift Boat Vets' Ad Against Kerry

    NewsMax Wires
    Friday, Aug. 20, 2004

The new Swift Boat Veterans for Truth advertisement accuses Kerry of
betraying his fellow Vietnam veterans and the U.S.

Kerry is pictured during his testimony to the Congress after he returned
from Vietnam, and quotes of what he said appear on the screen, accompanied
by Kerry's voice. Various former POWs recount how they believe Kerry's
conduct in criticizing the war hurt them and America:

Story Continues Below

KERRY: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads ..."

JOE PONDER (wounded 1968): The accusations that John Kerry made against the
veterans who served in Vietnam were just devastating ..."

KERRY: "... randomly shot at civilians ..."

PONDER: "... more than any physical wounds I had."

KERRY: "... cut off limbs, blown up bodies ..."

KEN CORDIER (former POW): "That was part of the torture, that you had to
sign a statement that you committed war crimes."

KERRY: "... razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan ..."

PAUL GALANTI (former POW): John Kerry gave the enemy for free what I and my
comrades in the prison camps in North Vietnam took torture to avoid saying."

KERRY: "... crimes committed on a day-to-day basis ..."

CORDIER: "He betrayed us in the past. How could we be loyal to him now?"

KERRY: "... ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam ..."

GALANTI: "He dishonored his country and, more importantly, the veterans he
served with. He sold them out."