House Church Talk - hoops and swords not allowed

Vanessa DiDomenico van3hijos at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 14:14:39 EST 2004

david,

This story has been very moving to me. In fact, handel had the same
problem i am fighting with now: epilepsy, and that is where his violent
temper came from.

Just this morning, I woke up my son listening to music, and we were
listening to Hendel's Messiah, as I told son of his and my epilepsy, and
of how Messiah was an inspiration as that which comes to many with this
illness of the brain, and how hearing it gives me hope. His was like mine:
temporal lobe, most probably, because it is the type that produces these
kind of people and tempers. I have been fighting with my own temper
problems, and God has given me the strength to not give up. The cerebral
hemorrage you mention may simply have been part of the epilepsy, since
back then medicines nor brain scans were available.

A long time ago, over 8 yrs ago, those nightly walks were also a part of
my life. through them i learned a lot, and that is how today i can work
with the children of the night: those who sleep on the street.

Thnak you for this beautiful story, david,

Vanessa from Venezuela