House Church Talk - a hymn

Flash flash at mbz.org
Sun Jan 4 14:48:59 EST 2004

There is something awesome in this phrase:
"What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?"
I found it awesome as I sung it and also as I typed the verse for us here.

I hope we all enjoy this hymn as much as I did here this morning.
Dan ChicagoArea
==================================
Abide With Me, Fast Falls the Eventide

Abide with me, fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide!
When other helpers fail, and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me!

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earths's joys grow dim, its glories pass away:
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou, who changest not, abide with me!

I need Thy presence ev'ry passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me!

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless:
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death's sting? where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still - Thou wilt abide with me!

H.F. Lyte
10, 10, 10, 10.