House Church Talk - a hymn

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Tue Jan 6 19:23:27 EST 2004

    Dan,

So good to hear from you again. Thanks for "Abide in Me." The melody of
that hymn perfectly complements the words. Too bad it is usually sung at
funerals here in the South. It's great for anytime. The mighty Jehovah
calls us to himself via his Son: Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh
to you. James 4:8. AND, If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye
shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7. Roger
that!

Vanessa, I am glad that you are feeling a little better and are back on
the list. I am certain that we can join with you in your requests of God.
May he mightily use you and encourage you in his own special way.

Sometimes, we feel like Sisyphus - the character from mythology who was
consigned to push a boulder up a summit. Each time it rolled backwards
just before the top. Actually, our/YOUR labor in the Lord is never in
vain. Thank goodness.

    David Anderson