House Church Talk - Bono no go - to church, that is.

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Jan 8 12:08:27 EST 2004

>What do you mean that Rushdoony dropped out?
>
>Cliff

Simply that the prolific author and "Father of Christian
Reconstructionism" quit every church he ever joined according to several
who knew him well. I have met Rush, Greg Bahnsen, and "Scary" Gary North,
his son in law to whom he wouldn't speak to for decades. I am also well
acquainted with Ken Gentry and Joe Morecraft.

Another interesting fella, Cliff, in that movement was Vick Lockman who
did hard time in the Federal guest-house. He was caught passing
counterfeit 20's.

This is not to say that alll of their beliefs are off-base. Surely not.
Above all, I could have been misinformed but I am positive that many of
his friends considered him a "church drop-out." It is certainly possible,
I must hasten to add, that prior to his death he may have returned to
church.

         David Anderson