House Church Talk - men in suits

Klpgr5 at aol.com Klpgr5 at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 13:16:24 EST 2004

Hi folks!

I love a movie that inspires towards Jesus Christ and truth and wisdom as
much as anyone.  My question lately is whether we are to continue to immerse
ourselves in technology, or whether we are to simply bring Jesus Christ to people,
real live folks, in person.  Life is very short for whoever is perishing.  I
have gained from contact through technology, yet one cannot be fully discipled
through the internet or movies.  The technology can point towards the light,
but is not the light, and therefore falls short.  Technology is expensive.  We
pay for technology, and place our eyes and ears on it, and we do not care
for, or see or hear those in need. How is this a witness for Christ?  I fear our
hearts grow colder.  A little leaven of cold heartedness and the sights and
sounds  of sex, violence, and blashemy makes the whole bread swell.  Technology
has a place, it should be the lesser.  Jesus in us needs be the greater.

Deb