House Church Talk - men in suits

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Tue Jan 13 12:45:34 EST 2004

>Ties are fun to wear. T-shirts are fun to wear.
>
>Let's be careful to judge people by God's standards, not our own.
>
>If you really want to see amatuer excellence, get yourself a copy of the
>movie Flywheel. It was done with only one camera, mostly by people who
>had never acted or made a movie before. It's a 2 hour movie, done by
>volunteers, and on a $20,000 budget.
>
>They're working on another movie now.

    Hi brother Phillip,

I freely admitted that there are bona fide characters dressed in suits. I
do receive your caution to judge by God's standards. Thanks for the
friendly reminder. I have missed you, lately.

The people that really make me tremble are those in robes, not suits. I
am referring to (certain) Federal judges and high clergymen. These
judges, Janet, are what prompted my remarks. Instead of upholding good
laws that have served us well, they are creating new laws. But I
digress...

Anyway, we are about to see a major expansion in media - namely, the low
cost film. Without expensive equipment and expensive producers, the era
of the amateur movie is about to emerge as never before. Already, there
are video cameras which record directly to inexpensive DVD media rather
than tape.

The internet will serve as platform for distribution and sales. Let's
pray that creative believers will seize this medium for Christian
training, Christian drama, Christian music videos, etc. Let every thought
be brought captive to Jesus Christ, our Lord.

      David Anderson