House Church Talk - Re: Pattern or simply an adaptation?

Flash flash at mbz.org
Sat Jan 24 16:02:50 EST 2004

Bruce - I cannot disagree with anything that you say here, and also
appreciate what Glenn has driven us to examine - thanks to both of you.

I have a question regarding the word relationship.  This is not even a word
found in the Bible.  How can it be central focus?  Can we use the Bible
terminology to speak of what we know as relationship?  Suggestions please.
I use the word relationship easily as you do, but am bothered that it is not
in the Bible.  So, what are the words used in the Bible that connote
relationship?  And, is it more precise to use these words than modern words
such as relationship?

Also, I would point to the reality that it is not only NT times that speak
to what we refer as relationship.  Look at anyone in the OT to also see real
relationship.  Isaiah 53, psalms, David, Moses, Abraham - all very keen on
what we term relationship.  What is the real term which the Bible would
direct us to use.  Otherwise, I'm gonna start baptising in olive oil...

>From a Luddite,
Dan ChicagoArea