House Church Talk - Baptising with water Baptized with Christ

Ross J Purdy rossjpurdy at netwurx.net
Mon Jan 26 10:28:25 EST 2004

The thread subject says "Baptising with water" but seems to be more about
"meetings" instead. Anyway, the gist of the Baptism part implies that
Baptism was done only with water. I have a book listing twelve different
baptisms in Scripture of which most but not all involved water, and in
Noah's case, he was baptized in the flood but never got wet! In the New
Testament we have John the Baptist baptizing with water for the remission of
sins, as well as, both his and Christ's disciples baptizing. Then we have
the coming of the Comforter/HS with which saints were baptized and we could
say that Christ was the baptizer. Then there is the baptism of fire along
with the HS at pentecost. Then we learn from Paul of the HS baptizing the
new believer and thereby sealing the saint into Christ. This last baptism is
not experienced by us and is fully accomplished by God. The HS is the
baptizer and identification with Christ is the medium. This is the "one
baptism" of Eph 4 and it is my conviction that it is the only valid baptism
for this present dispensation/administration of God.

In Christ,
Ross Purdy