House Church Talk - House church in scripture

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Tue Jan 27 13:49:14 EST 2004

       Hi Jack,

Amen to these words, brother. I believe that when Jesus explained that he
sought worshipers in spirit and truth he was declaring that location was
no longer an issue. I am excited about house churches but I am not
aristocratic about it. :) House churches can provoke pride, too, just as
you said about institutional churches.

There is a day coming in which all earthly things will be dedicated to
God - even the posts and pans and bells on horses hoofs. I wish every
place and structure was dedicated to God. Zech. 14:20 In that day shall
there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the
pots in the LORD¹S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

Several of us met yesterday at work to pray and encourage. It was great
to be in out of the cold. The company building served us well and at no
cost.

The fear that intimacy may be lost in a larger setting is a real fear and
must be countered. But it can be, imo. And if we really wanted to be
technical about proper seating and posture, we would have to recline on
the floor or upon each other (as John upon Jesus). Is that really
necessary?

All imo. Others do differ.

Watchman Nee, btw, owned a large building for meetings which the
Communists seized.

Good to see you, Jack. I know God is at work in your world. Do you have a
web site or info for Saints Publishing?

      David Anderson in snowy Tennessee.

John 4:20-24 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in
Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her,
Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this
mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know
not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the
hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the
Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship
him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in
spirit and in truth.