House Church Talk - Hebrews & Making the change...

Dan Gordon dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 11:48:27 EDT 2004

> NOT to stir anyone's passions or feed into rowdy exchange - but how much of
> what we term IC (churchianity) is little more than attempts at  modified
> Judaism?
>
> Housechurching remains rich, when it provides the atmosphere for discussing
> these weightier matters..  The Superiority of Christ, w/ all participating
> and expressing their appreciation  for Him... and to Him...
>
> As the proverbial "church mouse", I wish that I was there w/ you all, just
> if but to listen in...  though I have heard these discussions over the
> years - I just never tire of listening to those w/ rich "new" discovery
>
> In Him and in the midst of His..  JimP - kentucky

I think you offer some decent observations here JimP - not just
stirring up passion.  But to think about it is nice, even if passion
is stirred.

I guess what I have observed just lately is that the "rest" that we
are to know inside the church of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is
easily erased.  Even in housechurch type places.  I was listening to
someone speak about the things that they were seeing happen in
housechurch arenas, and the rest started to disappear.  Just listening
caused the typical angst inside me - "...you aren't effective, you
aren't doing enuf..." kinda burden.  And, then, I hear Jesus my Lord
and Saviour and what he sez as he walked in our midst here on
terrafirma -  Mt 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are
heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and
learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest
unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Somehow the amazing accounts cause me some angst inside - and I do not
think that is someone else's problem - just an observation which I
suppose others may feel also when they hear of the vast and amazing
"work" of God in these days.  I say "work" because some of these
accounts are so vast and wonderful as to even have the saints wonder
at their veracity.  Instead, I am pleased to not report anything here
about vast and wonderful, but to encourage each of us in our not so
vast and wonderful lives here, as well as your vast and wonderful
lives here.  Rest seems to be the polar place away from work.  Rest
seems to be the polar place away from religion.

May we all rest in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  May the work He
does in us be more important than anything vast and marvelous we have
to see or report.  I see the sun rise each morning, I see the sun set
each night and anticipate the sun rise the next morning.  That is
truely vast and wonderful!  That is the work of God, each and every
day.
DanG ChicagoARea