House Church Talk - Hebrews & Making the change...

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Tue Jul 13 10:47:07 EDT 2004

Hi Claire - Sure that you don't mind me changing the subject back titled:
Re: House Church Talk -  Hebrews & Making the change...

Because Glenn Frank started it w/ his insightful current experience, seeing
and applying for today, as they read and sort out the Letter to the Hebrew
Messianic believers...

<<> NOT to stir anyone's passions or feed into rowdy exchange - but how much
of
> what we term IC (churchianity) is little more than attempts at  modified
> Judaism?>>

Claire responded:  <<I have to disagree that the organization church
structure resembles historical Jewish culture and practices, rather, it
follows closely in the footsteps of pagan Greek tradition.>>

--------------------

In that, both Jew and Greek comprised EARTHLY, material, and physical
Temples, physical Priests, Priest's that were earthly certified, earthly
Vestments, physical Sacrifices, and physical fixed Times and Seasons, ---- >
and everything else that made up such earthly systems - we might expand it
to include pagan Greek traditions but we can't exclude Jewish religious
traditions...  Which  have served God's purpose in leading us, but now
directly into the Letter to the Hebrews and the message found therein:

        Heb 1:1-2
1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many
times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by
his Son,...  Chiefly Summed Up As  The Superiority of Messiah Yeshua...

The physical outward expressions have become but an empty shell;
unfortunately, they now serve as hindrance and man traps if they are
perceived and held as having validity...

pseu·do·morph - noun

1. A false, deceptive, or irregular form.
2. Mineralogy. A mineral that has the crystalline form of another mineral
rather than the form normally characteristic of its own composition.
3. church-alogy:  a church that has a form of another religious earthly
expression, rather than the form normally characteristic of it's own
spiritual composition - the Spiritual Body of Christ

Glenn, again I applaud your group efforts...  may the Holy Spirit lead and
guide you all...  marking out the essential and your gain be found in the
only thing that shall never be taken away....  and may your reward be found
in much fruit...  The Superior Christ Jesus!  \O/

Thanks Claire,  JimP - son of Abraham by adoption