House Church Talk - Re: prayers needed

Liz Smith liz.smith at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 16:30:07 EDT 2004

I want to thank all my brothers and sisters in Christ that prayed for my
husband and I during our time of transition to home church.   We have
tried to "work on our character, not our reputation" as one brother put
it, even though we were tempted to be all that our former pastor and his
staff said we were.  It hurt though, hearing the lies, and one couple (the
husband is a deacon there) actually said they could fellowship with us
after the summer "when everything will probably have blown over by
then".   Sad.

But the Lord is healing us.  And I wouldn't have traded this time for
anything because I know I am being refined by Him.  I have learned so much
about myself and have dropped alot of baggage.  I am now ready for
wherever the Lord wants to lead us.

Someone else on this list forwarded the link to The "Out of Church"
Christians.  That was excellent -- I was starting to feel guilty about not
attending "church".  I was awestruck by Him again though.  I didn't get to
read it right away,  but read it when He planned for me to, and now I know
I am not alone and what we are doing is really from Him.  And the day
after that, my husband and our friends, who also left the church we were
at, planned our getting together once a week to do a bible study and
fellowship lunch.  We also invited another couple who have recently left
that same church.  It's just so wonderful to fellowship with other
Christians who are committed to Him.

It's time to move on.  The Lord is preparing our way and I am excited
about it.  And He forgives me for doubting that He was listening to my
cries.  His way are not my ways, I know that now.

I praise You Lord, praise the name of Jesus Christ -- may all the earth
shout Your name and give You the glory.  Thank you for Your word which
sustains us, strengthens us, prepares us.  Thank you for your Spirit which
comforts us.  Thank you for my brothers and sisters who have prayed for
me, cared for me.  May we always choose Your ways and Your will.

In His Care,
Liz Smith

--
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are
safe.  Proverbs 18:10