House Church Talk - Purpose Driven Church

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:29:22 EDT 2004

Scott,

"Market Driven Church" indeed would have been a more accurate title for Rick
Warren's first book! The thing that troubled me the most about it was that
he taught that a pastor or church planter must decide what "target audience"
he wanted to reach!!!  THAT target audience becomes the purpose that drives
the church, NOT God's eternal purpose in Christ!   See Ephesians 3:8-12

I've never liked the idea of a church or a life being "driven"!

When we view Ephesians 3:8-12, "Purpose Revealing Church" or "Purpose
Manifesting Church" might be better!

Since shepherds lead sheep and butchers drive them,  "Purpose Lead Life" or
"The Purposeful Life" might be more in keeping with Ephesians 1:3-12

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce