House Church Talk - Article on Purpose Driven

seth vincent sethvincent1969 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 10:50:07 EDT 2004

Hello

A good friend of mine tipped me off about this article. I will say it is  long and I know some cannot read it due to time but I just wanted to put it on here for those who may be interested in doing so. I have read it twice. It takes about thirty minutes to read.

The site to go to is:

www.discernment-ministries.com

Then click on *site index*

Then click on *Online Resources*

It should be the first article on the page entitled *The Pied Pipers Of Purpose*

Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Church and Purpose Driven Life seem fairly innocuous upon cursory examination. His books have been at the top of the nation's best sellers list for months. Churches accross America are jumping on the 40-Day bandwagon, incorporating the Purpose Driven model into their church structure. On the surface "purpose" dosen't seem like such a bad idea. God has a "purpose" for every life great or small...

Vincent

Dayton Ohio