House Church Talk - Purpose Driven?

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Sun Jul 18 22:28:50 EDT 2004

Who's purposes are we to be driven by?  Salaried and bonused purveyors of religious oriented businesses (ROBs for short) eager to pursue investors, expand their market and position their product?  Jesus wasn't purpose-driven, he only said and did what his father told him.  We are to be spirit-led.  Now Judas, here is an example of one who was purpose-driven, and it appears that he attained his career objectives.  In fact, I bet Judas never imagined himself as the founder of a popular and lucrative philosophy of ministry.