House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 05:11:54 EDT 2004

Dear Saints,

I've started an audio/video course that helps me develop a more positive
self-image. Very good program.

No, I'm not looking for a debate over whether this type of program is
right or wrong. Read on . . .

The course recommends that I spend 20 minutes 3 times a day relaxing and
visualizing myself becoming like the people I admire. Well, here's the
problem . . .

I really want to be like Jesus. But I'm having a hard time visualizing
Him. I'm realizing now that for all the years I've been reading the
Bible, I've processed the words, but come short on visualizing Him. Sure,
I enjoy visualizing the events in the Bible. That's fun, imagining them
as though they were happening right now.

But visualizing Jesus? There are so many false Christs, I'm afraid my
imagination will just fabricate another false Christ.

I'm stuck. Can you help me? Have you successfully created an image of
Jesus in your mind that helps you and is accurate with the Bible?

An upbeat, inspiring discussion on this topic would be very refreshing.

Thanks,
Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
1 John 4:16