House Church Talk - compassion for sinners - does it mark our house churches

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Jul 22 23:22:08 EDT 2004

      Hi all,

A five thousand year-old understanding of the family is incrementally
being overturned in the West via unelected officials. And who else is
leading this revolution? Many church leaders are, despite the opposing
views of those in the pew.

I was buzzing on my phone a few days ago with Dan Beaty of Ohio, who
expressed that the church should be as busy to save troubled marriages as
it was to enter the legislative arena to protest the new marriage laws.

Truth is, broken marriages and broken homes will only increase the number
of those who will eventually participate in abnormal behavior patterns.

Were you aware that most gay men suffered a serious, psychic disconnect
with their dads in their early years? Were you aware that most lesbians
were molested in their early years? Often too, in the background of a
lesbian, is an abusive former mate or male. Abusive males are out there
in great numbers are they not?

So, let us look with extreme pity upon these deeply wounded souls and
lead them to the Saviour by words and deeds.

Because we are children of Adam, we are all self-destructive in some way
but the power of Jesus can enable us to die to sin and live unto
righteousness. Change is what the Gospel is about - old things are past
away.

Let us remember "the rock from which we were hewn" Is: 51. And the grace
of God, who sent his Son not to call the righteous but sinners to
repentance. 1 Cor. 6:10-11 Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor
idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with
mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some OF YOU.

     David Anderson