House Church Talk - Phil & his Visualizing

Kenneth C. Vendler kenneth.vendler at amarantus.us
Sat Jul 24 11:31:27 EDT 2004

I reread my reply to Phil with fresh eyes to see if I had said something
uncharitable that I might apologize and attempt reconciliation, however, I
do not find any such thing in anything I said in my post.

My comments came with a great deal of qualification to them, (i.e. "attempts
at visulaizing [sic] Christ, as far as what he looked like", "God forbids us
to make images... for devotional purposes")

If (1) Phil was not asking his question with regards to the qualifications I
set forth, then there was no reason to perceive a personal attack- none was
intended as I assume we are all Christian gentlemen and ladies who can
debate charitably. If (2) Phil was asking his question within the parameters
of the qualifications I gave, then I stand by what I said until someone
proves me factually in error.
Kenneth and Kerrie Vendler
Florence, KY
http://www.amarantus.us

"Some people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their
prejudices." attributed to William James