House Church Talk - Phil & his Visualizing

Lee Underwood leeu at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 17:35:11 EDT 2004

Jim,

This idea of deliberately provoking someone to get a reaction is very
unscriptural. Where did Jesus do that to "get a reaction". That is of the
world. Phillip is trying to draw closer to the Lord and you're using the
ways of the world to get at people on this list. Do you then think it is
o.k. to murder abortion doctors to get their attention? That kind of
thinking is slightly bent.

Nobody on this list dumped on Phil. You seem to have a very bad attitude
about that. When someone comes out against something wrong that someone is
doing that's not dumping on them. I am having a real struggle here, Jim.
You seem to be very "holier-than thou". What is you're problem? It's like
this whole group is wrong and condemning and piling up on Phil and you come
along with your sweetness and you show so much love. I have seen that
spirit in the IC and it stinks!

Get past key words? That is the kind of philosophy that has gotten the
church into the mess it is in today. He specifically said he was doing
something and he did not want to know if it was bad or good. Claire pointed
it out perfectly when she said that was a concerning remark. Key words?
What about other things - sexual abuse, homosexuality, stealing, lying -
are they just "key words"?

I don't owe Phil or anybody an apology. You need to apologize for your
attitude.

Lee