House Church Talk - Phil & his Visualizing

Adamkwyhmed at aol.com Adamkwyhmed at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 01:06:18 EDT 2004

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ:
I think the problem arises from those who may perceive that some people are
trying to recreate the image of Jesus to fit and change into their own
framework, instead of letting Jesus fit and change people to fit into His own
framework.  Unfortunately in the societal age thinking of today, concepts  are
geared to make a person the ruler,(god), of their own lives instead of  letting
Jesus be the ruler,(God), of each of His followers, even to the point of  being
criticized..  Oh, it's a new trend, we were told.  However if  you look at old
cultures overseas you see that it is an old trend with a new  name.  The
problem is that scriptures, instead of being taught  properly, are unfortunately
used to promote this type of thinking- "As a  man thinketh so is he".  That is
the danger that we, as followers of  Christ, should remind ourselves of.  We
are to be followers of Him, (Jesus  Christ), not Him being followers of us.  He
already denied Himself,(His own  will), and took up His cross.  As followers,
it is imperative that we, as  He said we should, should deny ourselves, take
up our cross, and follow Him,(the  Lord Jesus Christ).

Sincerely,
A Fellow BondServant of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Persecuted  Church,
Adam Waggoner