House Church Talk - Phil & his Visualizing

jim sutton goodword at bresnan.net
Mon Jul 26 00:24:06 EDT 2004

Phillip Cohen wrote:

>So I think my image of Him changes with my need."
>
>No, I wasn't asking anyone how tall Jesus is, what color His hair, or the
>size of His nose.
>
>Aw, forget it.
>
>Phillip

Hi, Phil.

Good to hear from you.  But Man, those ideas of yours... you really are weird.

Just kidding!  (It's way past my bedtime.)

I think I can see where you're coming from.  I agree with you that we all do
visualize things, or imagine how they must be, or how they might have been.
 We use our imaginations whenever we read or pray, or listen to a story, or
listen to music.

I sometimes tend to "see" the world with my mind's eye, or a nation, or a
group of people when I pray for them.  I use my whole mind, not just the
"text" or verbal portions, when I think of or pray for things.  I don't have a
very good imagination when it comes to such things, but it does work more or
less that way.

One thing is certain, we're all different in our habits and in how we say the
things we think about.  We will not always even understand each other.  But
God can and does use any soul that is given over to Him.

Thanks for the many good things you've shared here, Phil.  I look forward to
receiving many more good things from your house as time goes on.

Jim