House Church Talk - House church or simply church wherever people are

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:29:55 EDT 2004

Dan Beaty wrote:
> Dan G.
>
> Although I have been gone for the weekend, and have not followed the whole
> discussion, I hope it will not be rude to comment on this statement of
> yours:

Great points - Dan, thanks.
My thinking was in these lines, but my expression was summary, really.
Teacher/pastor, however, is not the be all/end all of fellowship
meetings and house church.  Yet, in meetings which we are all
familiar, teacher/pastor seems to be the be all/end all of the
gathering/meeting - to my estimation.  The teacher/pastor is the ceo
of the organisation, he is working for his hire wage, he is
responsible for its success/failure, hence that leadership role is
justified, although somewhat dis liked sometimes.  The traditional
business structure of a church is a nemesis these days, I think.  But,
that is the structure/organisation with which we are all familiar.
Again, Dan, you are courteous and knowldegable and clear in your
expressions as usual - thanks for taking the time to input to what
appears a heated thread here.
DanG ChicagoArea