House Church Talk - a different topic

Adamkwyhmed at aol.com Adamkwyhmed at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 00:56:18 EDT 2004

re: A stone of stumbling

Dear Cliff,
the difference is when the object causes a person to remeber their
dependence/relience upon their creator, and, in time, for lack of love, their
dependence/relience becomes more fixated upon the object instead of upon their
creator.  In effect, anything can become a form of idolitry if one is not  careful.

Example: "If I pray a certain way, I'll get my prayers answered.  If I  live
a certain way, I'll be blessed...etc."

However, we need to go back to and remember the scriptures regarding works,
objects, etc.. that can become forms of idolitry: "for by grace are you saved
through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works,
 lest any man should boast."