House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Thu Jul 29 14:12:55 EDT 2004

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the beautiful flow of heartfelt words.

Sounds like you were in a denomination that was cousin to the one I came
from. We were the Spiritual Elite (even though we didn't believe in
spirits), and we could prove it by our ability to bash anyone who didn't
agree with us--with Bible verses.

I don't have a lot to prove any more, since I realized that my Father
unconditionally loves doctrinally imperfect people. Let him who is
without doctrinal imperfection throw the first Bible--just make sure it's
the right version--ha ha.

If someone doesn't agree with me theologically, that's OK. As long as
they're honestly looking to Jesus, He'll see to it that life's
circumstances and Biblical complexities will back him into a corner so
that his theology doesn't work anymore. That is, if he's humble enough to
admit it. Otherwise, God will continue hammering on him (or me).

I had been pondering the verse in John that says we shouldn't let anyone
in the house that doesn't bring "this doctrine." Which doctrine. I asked
God, "Are you talking about Jehovah's Witnesses?" No response. A few
weeks later some Jehovah's witnesses came to the door. I thought about
that Scripture, but didn't sense the Holy Spirit telling me that verse
fit that situation.

So I invited them in. They were shocked. The man said, "We have someone
waiting in the car."

"Well, go tell her to come in."

"That's OK," he said, "We're just sharing some literature."

"No thanks," I replied. "I mostly stay with the Bible."

Then I said, "You know, if Jesus was here, and a Jehovah's Witness, or a
Catholic, or a Baptist came running to Him, He'd receive them. It's not
as important where you're at as where you're running to."

"We've gotta go, he said, as they moved for the door.

"Run to Jesus," I told them.

See, I didn't need to bash them. I only needed to show them kindness and
respect, and bring Jesus on the scene.

I hope they think about their visit here.

So God lets us lovers of God (just call me Theophilus) all float in and
out of Wierdsville, and eventually somehow He pieces it all together to
work for our salvation and perfection.

More later. Gotta go.

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
In quietness and confidence is my strength. Isaiah 30:15

spiritfilledhome at juno.com
In quietness and confidence is my strength. Isaiah 30:15