House Church Talk - Passion

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Tue Mar 2 21:57:02 EST 2004

Mike,

We saw the movie Saturday. Overall I felt that it was effective in helping
us to understand and appreciate our Lord's sufferings on our behalf. What
did you mean by "Mel's personal religious convictions were evident through
some scenes portraying Mary?"

For me, Mary and the disciples, the man who helped to carry His Cross and
even Pilate pulled us all into the event very powerfully. These and others
revealed how deeply they were impacted by the Saviour in various ways.

These characters were very crucial to the overall impact of the film, IMO.

Dan B.