House Church Talk - questions

Travis Wales travis at tropicaltraditions.com
Mon May 17 19:04:37 EDT 2004

Greetings Claire,

I can assure you that the saints here in Springville are not trading
compliance for genuine love.  There is a genuine love here that is around
Jesus not issues/doctrines.  As for the issue of condescending attitudes,
AMEN, the Lord is not pleased with attitudes where we prefer ourselves (or
our positions) above one another.  I do believe that the saints here in
Springville have (and are) tasting something together that is pleasing to
the Lord.  (1 Thes 4:1-2 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the
Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from
us how you ought to walk and to please God;  for you know what commandments
we gave you through the Lord Jesus. )

Concerning the issue of "imposing the practice on all house churches," I do not
believe that the Lord has called me (or any of the saints here) to impose
anything on anyone.  We merely share the things that the Lord appears to
have revealed in HIS Scripture.  There are clearly patterns that were
recorded in the Scripture for us to follow.  How many of us have perfectly
clear understanding in all things revealed in the Scripture?  There are many
times that we adjust our understanding as we search the Scriptures and the
Lord reveals new understanding to us.  Many saints understand many of the
Scriptural patterns to mean different practices.  As we understand these
patterns, believers do share these things one with another.  Much like what
happens in a discussion group like this.

Please understand, I am not saying that we are neglectful of the Scriptural
understandings/implications that the Lord has deposited among us
individually or corporately.  We do discuss differing understandings, but we
realize the Lord is the one that directs us.  We are submitting to HIM,
being lead by HIS Spirit, and following the Scriptures as we best understand
them.

Overall, it is almost impossible for me to write out the exact context in
which all of the saints here function together.  If you would like to come
and see the context, our hearts are wide open.

Blessings in Him,

Travis