House Church Talk - Technical Questions

jesusislord343 at juno.com jesusislord343 at juno.com
Thu Nov 18 21:17:45 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:31:15 -0600 Phillip Cohen
<spiritfilledhome at juno.com> writes:
> Is IC or MC more correct than HC for some people? Or are there seasons
when one or the other place is where God wants us?

Dear Phillip,
Very hurriedly, perhaps the key thing to bear in mind is that the Holy
Spirit is working one thing in His saints--full growth, and
sanctification through and through (I Th. 5:23).  He is not leading some
saints in one direction and others in another totally opposite one.
Along these lines, He is not revealing to some saints that salvation can
be lost, and to others that it cannot.  He is not telling some that His
return for them will be before the great tribulation, and others that it
will be afterward.  Similarly then, there is very real truth and error in
the various churches you mention, and the Holy Spirit is only working
obedience to His word--which has reached them all (I Cor. 14:36).  Thus
the "place" where God "wants us" in only in joyful and full submission to
the Lord Jesus, out of whose mouth proceeds the sharp, double-edged sword
(Rev. 1:16).  All the rest, in the flurry of men's self-willed religious
activity, will burn up at the judgment (I Cor. 3:13).

Do only what you are able to be certain from the word of God is His
perfect will.

Grace to you,
Glenn S.