Fw: House Church Talk - We've been noticed :-(

jesusislord343 at juno.com jesusislord343 at juno.com
Tue Nov 23 12:35:10 EST 2004

Dear Dan G.,
Good to hear from you.  [By the way, we are two hours from Aurora.]

Having met Phil Lancaster and conversed with him off and on over the
years, I find his desires for healthy assembly order to be entirely
sincere.  I find his sensibilities in general on these issues to be
sound, though not in this instance of requiring elders for an assembly
even to exist and to function.

You wrote:
> Structure and elders surely is not the most important of all goals in
today's church, is it?

On this point we might see that "structure" (I Cor. 14:26-40; I Tim.
8:15) is a light by which we may see proper *relationships* develop; and
"elders" (I Tim. 3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-9) as the outgrowth of these healthy
relationships in the body.

"And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he
competes according to the rules." (II Tim. 2:5)

Grace to you,
Glenn