Fw: House Church Talk - We've been noticed :-(

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:14:47 EST 2004

jesusislord wrote:
> Dear Dan G.,
> Good to hear from you.  [By the way, we are two hours from Aurora.]
> On this point we might see that "structure" (I Cor. 14:26-40; I Tim.
> 8:15) is a light by which we may see proper *relationships* develop; and
> "elders" (I Tim. 3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-9) as the outgrowth of these healthy
> relationships in the body.
>
> "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he
> competes according to the rules." (II Tim. 2:5)
>
> Grace to you,
> Glenn

Glenn - if you are ever up this way, let me know so we can sit and
talk things over a cupajoe if you like joe... java that is...

I hear what you say - better yet, I hear what the Bible says.  Yes, it
does speak this way, but somehow the emphasis in written articles
tends to seek the external structure which is spoken in the Bible.
These are things  we can do - and that is just what we do - we get
busy and do.  I read with interest this past sunday at home with the
family (I do not call our meeting a home church, btw...) Ro 7:14 "For
we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin."

What I found interesting - the law is spiritual.  Can I do anything
spiritual?  Ya know, like dig a spiritual hole someplace? or construct
a spiritual thingie?  But, I can seek not to covet, yet, the law is
spiritual, so what do we do with covet?  No answers from me - just a
curious thing to notice.  And, more questions to seek from the Bible,
as well as fellowship among believers, after all:
1Jo 1:6-7 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in
darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light,
as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the
blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Seek Him first.
DanG ChicagoArea