House Church Talk - Cowboy Church

Glenn Frank glennfrank at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 21:26:57 EDT 2004

On 10/7/04 8:10 PM, "Gary" <isa30 at verizon.net> wrote:
> I know that I brought up aspects of clothing (or the lack thereof) in my
> post, but I am a bit confused. Is this post aimed at the statements I made
> above the appropriateness of sexually provocative during a service of
> worship or a church meeting.

Wow. I don't think this cowboy story could possibly be talking about dress
that would be sexually provocative. How did you get that? I do think it is
saying there is nothing in the Bible about Dressing up for church... (and I
think it is mostly just supposed to be funny).

;-)

> I know that there are no directions for what to wear to church, but there
> are ways of portraying oneself that a believer should avoid. Modesty is to
> be encouraged since it encouraged in the Word.

Let me ask.... How does one Go To Church?

How does one Attend Church?

We ARE the church. There is nothing about dressing up to attend church. I
think what you are speaking of is modesty issues.

Modesty is something we should be concerned about wherever we are... Because
we ARE THE CHURCH. This attending church thing...  I don't know how to
attend church.

Glenn Frank