House Church Talk - public meetings, singing

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Fri Oct 8 22:07:04 EDT 2004

Claire,

That Bible study at Starbucks sounds interesting. I think I would be tempted
to investigate.

I agree with you that we should not feel required to sing especially in a
situation like in a restaurant meeting where others there would be disturbed
by it. The way I understand church is that we have freedom in Christ to
sing, pray, prophecy, share a revelation, a teaching according as He has
placed in our hearts with edification and His glorification in mind.

People do tend to want regular singing, even in HC, but we should not feel
required to force it into an inappropriate situation. Meetings in Starbucks
would have to be suited for that situation, IMO. Speaking in tongues, for
example might not be appreciated either!