House Church Talk - A lesson from the Boy Scouts

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Mon Oct 11 14:55:18 EDT 2004

    Hi all,

I am privileged with my two sons to be a part of a scout troop in which
every child is home-schooled. Location: Bristol, TN. All are Christians
and the prayers are always in Jesus' name.

On a typical night there are about 30-40 youths :) and 10-15 adults who
oversee things and are at liberty to teach - even without notice. None of
the adult men would ever consider being paid for their services. It would
be an insult to even mention it.

Interestingly, none of these adult overseers (except one other) could
stretch their imaginations far enough to consider a local church which
did not have a paid leader or which would allow a team to perform the
teaching.

Now I realize that the church, Christ's mystical body, cannot be likened
exactly to any earthly organization, still I see some similarities here.

    David Anderson