House Church Talk - Tonights meeting

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sun Oct 31 01:41:51 EST 2004

>Tonight we had our second session with the booklets and it was wonderful!
>While we are sad that our friends did not enjoy what we believed to be of
>the Lord, it felt so good to be digging deeper into the Word of God and
>building a stronger foundation in Him.
>
>Dan Beaty
>Columbus, Ohio USA

   Hi brother,

What are books(lets) but the words of men...  just like email or the
words of most any conversation. I am sure that things won't get out of
hand and that a "dependence upon booklets" won't eventually overcome
everyone. Lol.

I also understand that anything that smells of institutionalism is
shunned by some and we just need to bear with them and they with us.
Technically, institutions are not evil in themselves - it's just the
unscriptural ones which are to be avoided. Example: Jesus words "Do (eat)
this in memory of me." represent a valid institution.

In short, I would believe that Christians are at liberty to use booklets
in their meetings. Or not to. We have yet to do so here but I could see
that it could be profitable upon occasion. It might also beat "dead
silence" for an uncomfortably long duration.

Imo. Hope I don't come across as over-analytical.

Thanks for this good report, brother. Wish I could have been there.
Having been to meetings in your home before, I know there is complete
freedom in the Spirit!

Our greetings to all your house,

    David Anderson