House Church Talk - Re: Speaking Rest

RoyalHeirling at aol.com RoyalHeirling at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 22:50:07 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/14/04 12:00:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
House Church Talk -request at housechurch.org writes:

> Jesus gives us His peace for the asking. This is not only relationship
> peace between God and ourselves, but the experience of peace within
> because He is our best friend. Each time our heart becomes troubled, we
> only need to ask for peace.

Thank you, Phillip, for those encouraging words. And, peace with God is not
an emotional high but it comes from a new life. The old is passed away and all
things become new. Is it possible for men to be holy, in accord with the will
and characteter of God, without coming into harmony with the principles which
are an expression of His nature and will? No, it is not possible. Nor is it
possible to have peace with God unless you are also reconciled to Him.

Reconciled? What is that? Why do we need to be reconciled to God? Does anyone
know?

Jeff,
(in soon to be soaked Virginia, wondering about all my friends already soaked
in the south. David, Ivan should be near your way by now.)

The same power that upholds nature, is working also in man. The
same great laws that guide alike the star and the atom control
human life. The laws that govern the heart's action, regulating
the flow of the current of life to the body, are the laws of the
mighty Intelligence that has the jurisdiction of the soul. From
Him all life proceeds.