House Church Talk - Re: Real Christians

RoyalHeirling at aol.com RoyalHeirling at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 22:55:53 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/12/04 12:00:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Glenn Frank
writes:

> If my chronology is right... Paul went to Corinth after his Mars Hill
> experience in Athens and after arguing with the philosophers who thought it
> "interesting" to talk about things like the resurrection of the dead and how
> all the details of that would work... And after only a few were saved in
> spite of this intellectual exercise... Paul goes to Corinth and RESOLVES to
> not get into that kind of arguing with philosophers again... He chooses to
> know only Jesus and to preach only Him and His crucifixion. He goes back to
> the basics to just doing what he is called to do and being what he is called
> to be.

Perhaps Paul was just being weak among the weak, under the law among those
under the law, and intellectual with the intellects, so that he might save some.
I thought his discourse was to inform them of the only God to which they
referred to as the unknown god. Am I mixed up here?

Jeff

The same power that upholds nature, is working also in man. The
same great laws that guide alike the star and the atom control
human life. The laws that govern the heart's action, regulating
the flow of the current of life to the body, are the laws of the
mighty Intelligence that has the jurisdiction of the soul. From
Him all life proceeds.