House Church Talk - Reconciled

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Fri Sep 17 05:36:57 EDT 2004

> Nor is it
> possible to have peace with God unless you are also reconciled to
> Him.
>
> Reconciled? What is that? Why do we need to be reconciled to God?
> Does anyone
> know?

We're out of harmony with God. This means not only doctrinally, but
relationally. In fact, many people think of doctrines when they think of
God. No, God is a Person who wants an intimate relationship. We're just
like God, aren't we? We want to be around people who harmonize with us.

In tune and in time with God. Enjoying His presence every moment of the
day. Although we have crossed our spiritual t's and dotted our i's in all
the right places, to be out of God's timing is to be out of His will.

If we feel distance or a wall between ourselves and God or someone else,
we are not reconciled. Reconciliation brings us into relaxed, everyday
relationship with someone.

Webster
Reconcile: to restore to friendship or harmony
Strong's
to renew friendship with one; bring back a former state of harmony;
return to favour with

By the way, Why do we spend so much time talking about God and so little
time talking with Him? Isn't He reading this email?

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be
still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. Mark 4:39