House Church Talk - Reconciled

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Fri Sep 17 14:13:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:38:22 -0500 DanG <dan.dgordon at gmail.com> writes:
> Phillip wrote:
> > By the way, Why do we spend so much time talking about God and so
> little
> > time talking with Him? Isn't He reading this email?
> >
> > Phillip

> I think God reads all email.  That constitutes the relationship you
> are inquiring about, doesn't it?  If not, what constitutes the
> talking
> with him?  Yes, we each pray without ceasing - that is part of it
> also, but maybe you could tell me/us more about what it is you are
> saying?  Thank you Phillip.

I mean why do some Christians spend so much time asking other people how
to relate to Someone they're fully reconciled with? Just talk to God!
He'll listen to you "as is, where is." Since the way into God's presence
is wide open, we should be asking God how to relate to Him. And we would
probably have much better relationships with people if we would ask God
how to best get along with them. Sure, God speaks through people; but
we're looking to God, not the people.

Um . . . we believe in God, don't we? Simplistic question, I know. But
sometimes we spend a whole day trying to fix the toaster only to realize
it wasn't plugged in.

> Along these lines, I will put up again, one of my favorite hymns
> which
> comes close to expressing a lot in these regards.  Perhaps we all
> know
> this hymn?

I know the hymn quite well. Do you know the story behind it? If you
don't, I may share it sometime. It's a song of the triumph the moment
after death.

> The bride eyes not her garment
> But her dear bridegroom's face
> I will not gaze at glory
> But on my king of grace
> Not at the crown he giveth
> But on His pierced hands
> The Lamb is all the glory
> Of Immanuel's Land
>
> DanG ChicagoArea

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be
still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. Mark 4:39