House Church Talk - HC visiblity

Gary isa30 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 29 22:52:42 EDT 2004

May I suggest that we not be concerned for how we appear, but only what we
are able to do in service for Christ and each other? Not that there is
anything bad in the idea of visibility, but it is HE that puts us on the
hill. It is he that is our light. I'd be inclined to let HIM sweat the
visibility - I have enough problems just trying to be obedient.

One of the faults of the IC is they are way too concerned with the way they
look to those who want nothing to do with Jesus. We are to adorn the Gospel
with our lives, but not to the extent of forgeting that our prime obligation
is to lift Him, and not ourselves up. He is the One who draws all men to
Himself.

I did not mean this reply as an end all answer, just as a starting point.
I'm sure there are many facets I have not thought of. Since I am half
asleep, I would ask your graciousness in responding!

Earnestly contending,

Gary

(Written using WindowEyes, the premier screenreading program from GW Micro
that makes PCs accessible to the blind and visually impaired.  Contact:
www.gwmicro.com)

"Preach not only so that the people can understand, but so that they cannot
misunderstand if they wish."  CH.Spurgeon

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the
full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the
schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but
against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this
darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist
in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm."  Ephesians
6:10-13