House Church Talk - Re: Was baptisms Now dispensations again

Scott Dowlen scottdowlen at cox.net
Fri Feb 6 20:09:57 EST 2004

... except that one of the false teachings that troubled the very early
church was that Jesus had come (or at least that the resurrection had
already occurred) and that everyone alive at that time had missed it.  But
the Revelation shows that it will be impossible to miss it.  IMO, generation
should not ever stretch longer than the approximate average lifespan of one
single human, unless the context makes it very clear that another span of
time is meant.

To me the word 'generation' in verse 34 is referring to the people alive
when the final signs begin to take place (as indicated in verse 33), not
necessarily the generation that heard the prophecy originally.  Also, the
word 'soon' (IIRC) also means 'suddenly' -- not that its coming is moments
away, but once the signs begin, they will progress swiftly or suddenly.

Did any of that make sense?

Scott D.