House Church Talk - Re: Real Christians

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Mon Sep 27 08:09:20 EDT 2004

> I'm very sorry that I've taken so long to reply to your questions of a few
> days ago. But our daughter just got married yesterday and so the last few
> days have been pretty hectic around here!

Wonderful!  Absolutely wonderful.. \O/

Bruce:  <<> I have no doubt that God often calls lone individuals to tasks
and
> assignments that are uniquely theirs to fulfill. I don't question that at
> all. Both Peter's assignment in John 21 and Paul's in Acts 9:15,16 were
> unique. BUT,  their success or lack thereof in seeing functioning,
gathering
> churches begun seems to be directly linked to whether or not they worked
> side by side with others in the task of Gospel testimony.
>
> Does this clarify anything or does it seem inconsistent with what you read
> in scripture?

-------------

Yes I think you qualified nicely - in that I pr'bly misunderstood your
initial thought - in that I thought it might tend towards narrow...  BUT w/
this qualification, your initial effort now reads more clearly....  NOT your
failure - but my narrow .. ha!

I do believe it amazing how some sow, some water, yet w/ the increase, God
is clearly seen and glorified...  Body Ministry w/ Him remaining the
singular Head and brains of all productive effort..

Shucks, I hope we can all relate that we give lemons - sometimes - He makes
those pitiful efforts lemon-aid... O;>)

2 Cor 4:7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
NIV

Thanks Bruce...  and Congratulations...  \O/

JimP - kentucky clay w/ precious deposit